Thursday 31 October 2013

My RPG Person Profile

I'm currently running (at home):
A mostly-LotFP houseruled mashup here in London. We play at the pub which is pretty tops.

Tabletop RPGs I'm currently playing (at home) include:
None!

I'm currently running (online):
Nada

Tabletop RPGs I'm currently playing (online) include:
John Bell's Necrocarcerus, in which I am playing a thief with poor stats and poorer survival instincts who died in Numenhalla and woke up here.

Historically -
Courtney Campbells's Numenhalla, which was great because I use heaps of his stuff and his blog is what made me the DM I am today.
Arnold K's House of Hours whenever it's on again, which is great because it is positively dribbling with crazy shit and my flailsnails wizard has accordion lungs now.
I was also in Patrick Stuart's Otherpool super hero game when it was running, which was great because my flailsnails wizard obtained a camera due to his cover as a detective, although he ran out of guns long ago.

I would especially like to play/run:
Dread, Stars Without Number, more D&D

...but would also try:
Pretty much anything, I've rarely played anything other than D&D so my rpg knowledge is weak.

I live in:
London

2 or 3 well-known RPG products other people made that I like:
- Secret Santicore (that should cover everyone)
- +Courtney Campbell's multifarious DM aids.
- Vornheim (the "my favourite show is the simpsons" of the rpg world)

2 or 3 novels I like:
- His Dark Materials
- Tales of the Black Company
- Deep Sounding (best dorfs in fiction)

2 or 3 movies I like:
- Pacific Rim
- Dredd
- R-R-R-R-R-REDLINE
I was going to put down some clever films so I seemed smart but fuck that.
Redline is my go-to have-a-hangover-and-need-a-boost film. The crazy fuck anime one, not that shit american one.

Best place to find me on-line:
I will read almost anything on tabletop RPGs if it's:
- Content for my game that I would have never have thought about on my own.

I really do not want to hear about: 
- edition wars, the word "problematic".

I think dead orc babies are ( circle one: funny / problematic / ....well, ok, it's complicated because....)
fucking i told you about that word. Also, funny. Also, more intense when they're human babies.

Game I'm in are like (link to something)
(That was my aus group, but I guess the game's like) 




Free RPG Content I made for LotFP and similar OSR stuff is available...?
Right here on this very blog!
Things I'm proud of include my class tweaks, the First Aid skill, and rune magic.
All my house rules are here.

Free RPG Content I made for running a silly heavy metal one-shot is available here.
On this blog again hoorah. I don't know if anyone will actually use it but definitely tell me if you do.

 
I talk about RPGs on ____ (social media site and/or RPG forum name) under the name ______ 
G+ (linked previously or on the right) as myself, James Young. Hi!

2 comments:

  1. You have excellent taste in movies! And I, too, wan to play Stars Without Number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We should get a game going at some point, I need to break into hangout games as is.

      I just realised you scooped my thing about tongue eating louses, you monster. Luckily mine are baby mermaids so it's slightly different.

      Delete